Monday, February 18, 2008

3 AM Thoughts

Catchy title, huh? I didn't realize that the story I posted didn't indent for paragraphs. I probably should have spaced out the paragraphs, but oh well. B'oh well. It appears that possibly 2 people read that story... though the "profile views" calculator counts every time I re-view the blog, so maybe it was just me. Either way, a possible 2 people is cool. I have been working on several short stories, as well as reviewing and being reviewed by fellow writer and classmate Jason Crawford. I hope to get a few stories together that I really like, and submit them to some online literary magazines in hopes of being published. I will also try and post more stories on here, in hopes of building up a fan base. I have been experimenting with a variety of writing techniques, as well as expanding my horizons on reading. Reading modern stories which have been published gives on an idea of what is circulating in the literary world. Today I read a short story by my current writing professor Peter Fontaine, as well as previous professor Josh Russell; read "Yellow Jack" several months ago which was a very well written book, so I would recommend it to any people reading this who have not read it. Slowly but surely I work on "The Village" which I hope will be my first novel. I have worked on it on and off for the past year. Other novel ideas have been put on the shelf for now, but we'll see what happens with those. For now, I must sleep. - Liam

No comments: