Friday, August 15, 2008

Movie Review: Pineapple Express

Last night I saw Pineapple Express at the Starlight Drive-In theatre in East Atlanta.  This was my second time seeing the film, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time.  I have been a big fan of this new group of films that revolve around producer Judd Apatow, and this movie was yet another winner.  I didn't enjoy it as much as some of his others, such as Superbad or 40 Year Old Virgin, but there were still many many hysterical scenes throughout.  I also found it interesting because this movie seemed to be more ridiculous and less realistic than some of the other movies.  Also, it took a classic "stoner movie" and added in elements of action films and even karate to make an all out entertaining picture.  I would recommend this film to anyone who is a fan of the Apatow era, or anyone just looking for pure entertainment.

No comments: