Friday, July 11, 2008

Movie Review: Wall-E

I have seen previews for this movie for the past couple years, and never really had much interest in seeing it. However, a number of friends said that it was a fantastic movie, and given the fact that Pixar has impressed me thus far as well, I decided to check it out. The beginning was a little slow for me, though still entertaining. My friend Chandler had told me that it is just like an old silent movie, which was interesting: though since I am used to modern movies with lots of dialogue, it was a little tough to get into. But once the story started to unfold, I thoroughly enjoyed the film, which represents a shocking and yet fairly believable futuristic dystopia. Also, as I was informed by friends, Pixar did new things in this movie that have never been done with digital animation before, such as making shots have in-focus and out-of-focus elements, to represent a real camera. While it is a children’s film, it is very entertaining for adults aswell, and I was very satisfied by the end of the movie. This is definitely the best movie I’ve seen in theaters this summer – though I have a feeling The Dark Knight will top them all.

No comments: